Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uni, Job, Unemployed, what now?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by BlackPearl, May 19, 2011.

1. BlackPearl

BlackPearl New Member

Just been reading about what to do after Uni in the "Company or Freelance" thread. I have left Uni, got 18months work under my belt (plus 6 years of marketing materials for a charity group) and now sadly unemployed.

I see what you are saying about us young'uns thinking we can go straight into freelancing. However my problem is that whilst I have coded a Blog CMS, developed plugins (like a Grouped Users Permission manager), illustrated the Uni Magazine for 4 years and had my design job I feel I can do it.

However, whilst working on a branding for myself, organising work into a website, sorting out contacts and money managing methods I'm not earning!

I'd like to use freelancing job boards to earn a little something whilst I set things up but I'm not sure how to use them.
    How to I make sure I get the right job description?
    How should I get the money out of them, paypal?
    How do I avoid getting sued or abused for works made in the future?

2. Romack

Romack Senior Member

These questions i think show that you're not ready for Freelance, you're unsure how to manage a Freelance job board, what are you going to do when it comes to managing clients, accounts, proposals, presentations, coffee making...?

I would suggest going on the Rock n Roll and apply to your local design agencies, whether they are in house agencies or integrated marketing/web/design companies to gain experience, show passion, dedication and make a good cuppa and you'll learn a hell of a lot pretty quickly.

Other than that i know of a magic lamp somewhere in Agrabah...