Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter = Spam?

Discussion in 'SEO, Social Media & Online Marketing Forum:' started by @GCarlD, Feb 6, 2015.

1. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I find every time I use Twitter, I seem to get a dramatic increase in junk mail sent to my inbox. As a matter of fact, I never used to get any junk mail before joining Twitter. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just all a coincidence and I am wrongly accusing Twitter for this problem? I may have to consider creating a new e-mail address and changing my Twitter e-mail from my work e-mail. Although I fair it may be too late for that to solve the issue.

Another reason is because when I go for a period of time without using Twitter, junk mail seems to appear in my inbox less frequently. Then I will use Twitter again and suddenly breathe new life into the junk mail monsters. I don't often use Twitter or any social media for that matter, although I am trying to use Twitter more often.

I always send to junk mail, block, and delete them, but new junk appears daily.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Is your email visible on twitter?

3. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

4. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

When I joined Twitter last year, I was a novice and had no idea what I was doing, what to do and what not to do. I still don't tbh. I did tweet out my e-mail address and reply to people asking for my e-mail address in tweets.

5. RasselSnow

RasselSnow New Member

Twitter is massfollowing and massunfollowing ((
    It's not cool