True built websites are a rarity. Thoughts?

O yeah, lol. It should have been ~

Yeah but why not create one from scratch, why use a CMS that you haven't built?

As in why not code the whole thing from scratch to start with, rather than relying on code that other people have written.

:) I thought that's what you ment lol ! my point exactly, bespoke if done correctly will infinitely be better than an off the shelf solution, shame it just typically costs more though :(

O sorry, I must have miss read your post. my fault.

But again you bring up another good point, that TBH I overlooked.

If everyone ditched them and built them selves everyone would earn more.

Also the amount of crap sites out there would also be less, the amount of spammers and phishers would be less, due to the added cost.

Hackers would also be less because of fewer sites that relied on an out of date version of the same CMS therefore known exploits would decrease because 1. Less sites using them 2. Less hackers who follow the crowd.

Less Malware sites, 10,000 sites a week get hacked just to host malware that the owners are unaware of, most i would imagine are due to unpatched versions and thus known and well documented sql injection attacks for a specific version.

Less competition in the search engines which would lead to more sales for the site owners.

Less sites in the SERPs mean less people trying to dupe the search engines which in turn would mean the list of things you cant do, ie Javascript redirects, could be used more often as they wouldn't be so commonally used for bad reasons.

In fact why are people honestly using them?
I'm now even more unsure to the answer to that question than when I started the thread TBH. :confused:

Jaz

Well Im 17, code everything from hand - and I am self taught from the age of 15.

I use a very simple CMS called NanoCMS which you implement into your final design but only use it if think the job is a no-goer for the future - i.e. Wont give me anything back further down the line.

Phil

Back