• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tips on Web Hosters?

I've used go daddy and it seems ok...cheap...
I saw an ad for Catalyst 2?? They're British, so I'm inclined to go through them, but maybe more expensive...
Any thoughts?

S

Squiddy

Avoid GoDaddy like the plague. I've used them before and they're terrible for anything other than simple tasks especially when it comes to support. They might have changed now but I doubt it. They are set up to deal with the masses, not professionals looking for a decent service.
http://www.designforums.co.uk/topic/9027-website-hosting-resellers/?hl=hosts
It's about web hosting resellers but a good company is a good company regardless. Some of us on DF, including myself, offer website hosting as well - if you're just looking to host your own site.

T

Tony Hardy

GoDaddy have a really bad reputation. No experience of them myself though.

I use Vidahost, and they're fantastic. Support within 10 minutes most times. What are you needing the hosting for?

I use www.limepath.com
Really reliable and cheap reseller account (which is what i have). They're awesome dealing with enquiries and tech support. They email well in advance if there is any schelued downtime and it's usually for less than a minute so i doubt anyone would ever even notice.
I can't recommend them enough to be honest.

I use BouncyServers for hosting my site - never had any issues and for me the cost, support & service has been brilliant. Sometimes he does offers via vouchercloud etc.
I have my domain through GoDaddy (although I used 123-reg previously) - that was only because they were slightly cheaper for the .com - I've never had issues with them, maybe because I've never needed any support - it's due for renewal now and I want to switch but transferring domains confuses me ha!

scotty

Staff member
I find it best to go with a traditional, hand stitched, 3mm leather one.
I like to wet form it to the fire arm it myself to get a snug fit.
Some go for the practical side arm set up used by many US police but I prefer a concealed shoulder option for the quick draw/take down.
Not sure about the "web" bit.
Must be special op's and above my clearance.