Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The United Nations Logo - Case Study

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

The United Nations logo. Is it good? Is it bad? Does it remind you a little of a crosshair?
    What does anyone think about it? For one, I was surprised to learn that the blue and white version isn't actually the logo. It's the flag.
    Read my new blog post and discuss.

2. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Interesting blog post! What the fuck is going on with their website!?

3. balders

balders Member

[​IMG]
    I'd defiantly say more radar than crosshair, the 'good guys' keeping a watch out over the world?
    Ban Ki-moon to the rescue!!!

JamesRobinson and The Simulator like this.
  4. The Simulator

The Simulator Active Member

The Radar connection was the one I've always had with it.
    In all honesty I don't have an issue with it. I totally understand the perspective chosen for the continents as well, straight down from the north pole is the only way I can see they make it 'fair' and not picking one region in particular to be central.
    I don't think the favicon / small logo is an issue. For really small things they just use UN abbreviation.

5. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Yeah, you don't have to use your exact logo when it comes to icons, a variation which is designed to work better in smaller sizes will do fine as long as it's consistent with the brand.

6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I'm not saying it's a bad logo. Just considerations to be had :)
    Also, didn't notice a specific typeface when I was having a dig about. Any ideas?

7. dasikins

dasikins Member

Wow. I am not even a graphic designer and from a user's point of view, I instantly saw 'World Rifle Association.'