• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The SnapHook Project - Local Designers, Local Charities

Hi
I'm involved in an idea (www.snaphook.io) that hopes to raise money for local charities, and wonder would anyone here be interested?
The concept is simple:
Similar to designedbyhumans, we source unique designs, print them on quality tshirts, and sell them via our website, and pay the artist a commission on each sale.
The difference, however, the store only displays local designers (resident in the UK)
AND
Profits are split between the artist and a local charity of their choice (retail price of £20, £2.50 to artist, £2.50 for charity)
So a brand that supports local artists and local charities.

Anyone interested in participating, let me know. Any and all feedback welcome
Cheers
Gordon

Levi

Staff member
Profits are split between the artist and a local charity of their choice (retail price of £20, £2.50 to artist, £2.50 for charity)
So how does the other £15 break down... it's not exactly a good deal for a charity if you end up taking £10 for your own profit.

Hi Levi, thanks for the note.
So the idea is to drop ship the tshirts using a British fulfilment agent (ie outsource production and delivery)
For redbubble quality tshirts (bella&canvas) with dtg print quality, the cost is between 10.30 and 10.80 (if you know a cheaper local drop shipper I'm open to any suggestions). Vat @23% is approx £2.20 Postage and packaging within the uk is £1.45. With £2.50 to the artist and £2.50 for their chosen charity. Which would leave less than £1 per shirt used to Pay for the website.
Does that make it clearer? Again open to all feedback/suggestions.
Thanks, Gordo