The 'hipster' logo design guide.

GilmoreVisuals

Personally, I don't think the result is even much of a design, and is focused on trying to fit in rather than standing out. Not a fan at all, but interested to see if people think the same.

HipsterLogo.jpg

i don't even know what a 'hipster logo' is? i mean, yeah a lot of logos (on dribbble and behance etc.) follow those trends... but i don't see how it's hipster. i thought hipster was being all different and stuff... *shrug*.

I suppose 'hipster' logo's are those faux 60's Americana style 'stamps' etc, it does seem to be a style that a lot of companies that want to be seen as trendy use... 90% of the time they're not lol

Gcol, didn't you know behance/dribbble is full of the 'hipster designers'

Hmmm? I wondered that when I first saw this.

I'm thinking the "hipster" reference is meaning like current trend and not the bearded, fixie riding designer.

I must confess that this is really my thing (design wise) as my founding stages of design was inspired by a few books on vintage logo/character design and branding.
It all goes to show that if you remain the same things move in a big circle and you become awesome all over again. :)

scotty said:
It all goes to show that if you remain the same things move in a big circle and you become awesome all over again. :)
Yeah, fashion is a perfect example of this...

Back