Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'hipster' logo design guide.

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by GilmoreVisuals, Apr 3, 2014.

1. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Personally, I don't think the result is even much of a design, and is focused on trying to fit in rather than standing out. Not a fan at all, but interested to see if people think the same.

[​IMG]

2. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

i don't even know what a 'hipster logo' is? i mean, yeah a lot of logos (on dribbble and behance etc.) follow those trends... but i don't see how it's hipster. i thought hipster was being all different and stuff... *shrug*.

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I suppose 'hipster' logo's are those faux 60's Americana style 'stamps' etc, it does seem to be a style that a lot of companies that want to be seen as trendy use... 90% of the time they're not lol

Gcol, didn't you know behance/dribbble is full of the 'hipster designers'

4. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

This is why I quoted 'hipster', hipster. :)

5. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Hmmm? I wondered that when I first saw this.

I'm thinking the "hipster" reference is meaning like current trend and not the bearded, fixie riding designer.

I must confess that this is really my thing (design wise) as my founding stages of design was inspired by a few books on vintage logo/character design and branding.
    It all goes to show that if you remain the same things move in a big circle and you become awesome all over again. :)

6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, fashion is a perfect example of this...

7. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

What goes around, comes around.

8. Epic New Media

Epic New Media New Member

I think it's great for beginners to practice, but you're right, there's little to it in all honesty.