Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text Illustration Tutorial

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Krey20, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Hi all,

Just thought I'd draw your attention to one of my latest blog posts. Hopefully it will be of help to a few of you. Especially if you are trying to complete the design a day challenge, and begin to dry up for ideas!

I have done a portrait of William Shakespeare using text quotes and titles from his various works. It came out well enough for me to share it, and explain how I went about it.

Here's a link to the article: – Shakespeare Text Illustration Tutorial
  2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Oh somebody was asking how to do this a couple weeks back...

I like the outcome a lot, good job :up:
    (but it looks very very very time-consuming so I'll pass on the tutorial :p)
  3. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Cheers Onartis.

It is very time consuming, and that's why I like the techniques I outline. It's like sketching with a particular font, and it's down to the designer how good the outcome is not the computer.
  4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Spotted this on your blog the other day Ken, very nice! :)
    I had a typography project back at Uni that required an image made from words for a magazine front cover, my end result was not as effective as yours, may re-visit it and put a few extra hours in!
  5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

My friend scanned his finger print, the tagline was "at your fingertips"
    and then did the same process for a blackberry advert for a uni project.
  6. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Sounds pretty col, I was planing to do a similar portrait of Sherlock Holmes with different fingerprints.
  7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Now that does sound interesting!
  8. davewill

davewill Senior Member

9. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Cheers Dave!

The tut has been included in Tutorial 9's January creative bookmarks! Which is very cool for me.