Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teaching myself Graphic Design

Discussion in 'Universities & Training Forum:' started by Radavies95, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Radavies95

Radavies95 New Member

Hey guys! I have been learning graphic design for the past four months and would love to chat with other designers in training.

I am 22 years old, I studied Film & Photography at college but now have decided to change paths. It took me a while to figure out I wanted to go into graphic design, but when I started the basics it has just lead me to want to learn more and more. My hobbies are and have always been photography, drawing, problem-solving and sometimes writing. So maybe I was meant to be a Graphic Designer.

Love to talk to other starters just like myself, look forward to hearing from you!

2. Wardy

Wardy Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forums!

3. Radavies95

Radavies95 New Member

Hello, thank you very much! :D How are you?

4. Simon Rayson

Simon Rayson Member

Hi Radavies, welcome

5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Welcome for the forum. I too came from a film/media course, now I'm a full-time designer. Ironically I still enjoy photography as a hobby and want to get back into film/documentaries as side projects.

6. Radavies95

Radavies95 New Member

Hello, Thank you for posting. That's great to hear. How did you get into design? Did you go onto a course or teach yourself?