T-shirt design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll stick it out there, I have worked with Technics in the past, so feel free to drop me a line with a budget, and we can talk more.

I don't see why people have a problem with a genre of music known as grime? It's not like anyone scoffed at the idea of grunge music in the 90s (till a certain mr Cobaine mistook a shotgun for a tooth pick)..

If you'd like to work with someone from a music background drop me a line [email protected]

I don't think 'people' have a problem with Grime as a music genre, I think 'people' ( which must be Chris and me ) have a problem with newbie with no forum contribution or depth and no information and a terse reply.

Business must be tough out there if we have to lower our principles

Ahhh... I see your problem. I dont get to see peoples post count etc as I'm viewing the forum on taptalk so everything is really cut down.

I don't see it as lowering principles because someone doesn't know how to approach a tender. It's likely this is their first time. And as for the aggressive replies, they're unnecessary but everyone can be grumpy in an unfamiliar situation.

Work is work regardless of how established the clients business. As long as there's a contract in place there shouldn't be a problem.

Anagoge said:
Wow, this is most definitely not the way to welcome a potential client onto Design Forums. Some of the comments left in this thread reek of self importance instead of subservience to the client. It doesn't promote a good atmosphere for clients to ask for professional help if people don't act professionally.

It is unfortunate but a fact that many clients have a big idea, but don't quite know how to voice it. Instead of berating someone for perhaps not quite communicating their wishes as well as a designer may do so, it's a far better idea to simply enquire further and tease out the information that you need.

dolaphonic, there are a few things which you could do to help us out. First, a name is usually a good start - Your name. Second, the name of your company and what it does or is planning to do. Third, what you want a designer to do for you. Finally, a rough guide as to how much you are willing to spend.

I get the feeling that you may not have had much experience in dealing with designers and that's fine, but please remember that just like any other service, we expect fair payment for our work. Please keep that in mind when discussing your budget.

Finally, if you'd like to send the above details onto me and speak further, my email address is neilATtheworkof.co.uk

thanks for the civil response. it's quite hard to believe that these replies come from so called adults and professionals. i'll e-mail the details. thanks

Strange to see you have edited your original post to remove 'Grime'. And the reasoning for Chris's original comment and your reply?

A civil introduction and polite reply to Chris original remark would have be sufficient. Your a true credit to your profession too.

I'm not quite sure why peopl like you feel the need to be in here commenting. Anagoge spoke in an informative and educational manner. why are you still bickering and chipping in? what do you hope to achieve ? you and your co-d's have not left a fantastic impression on me about this forum. I'm sure the headin say's "its subjective" not "it's objective".

i repeat if the job isnt for you keep on moving.

i didnt edit it. never would.

i love grime music.

hopefully the end.

I don't understand ' people like me'?
I'm commenting and supporting another DF member because of people like you. If you to discuss 'me and you' on a more personal level, feel free to PM me and we can ping and pong privately.

Berry said:
Strange to see you have edited your original post to remove 'Grime'. And the reasoning for Chris's original comment and your reply?

A civil introduction and polite reply to Chris original remark would have be sufficient. Your a true credit to your profession too.

Berry said:
I don't understand ' people like me'?
I'm commenting and supporting another DF member because of people like you. If you to discuss 'me and you' on a more personal level, feel free to PM me and we can ping and pong privately.

what do you hope to achieve? answer that please? if the job isnt for you why are you posting? if the way i introduced myself and approached the situation isnt up to your standard why post ? and i'm not pm'ing you anything. how childish is that? as stated before if its not for you keep on moving. the end. peace

Hey all, I feel the thread has run its course, rather then let the comments run out of control I have closed the thread.

Geoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back