T-shirt design contests

KatyCowan

Does anyone on here get involved in t-shirt design contests? And if so, which ones? Do you find them useful? Have you ever won anything? What do you think of them overall?

Would be really interesting to hear your thoughts as I'm working on my own little project at Boomtique.. :)

I've entered one and won, but it was for technics/DMC, I often think about getting involved in things at sites like teepay, threadless, DBH, massive listing cut off point, but i see the standard and style trendings that most comp sites have and then can't be bothered.

I know thats a horrible way to look at it, but if I have a good idea, I would rather mock it up and try and sell it rather than sub it and see.

That's interesting to hear. I just started Boomtique because designers who follow my magazine Creative Boom asked if I would.

They wanted an ongoing design contest and another means to make some money and raise their profiles. So hopefully, Boomtique offers that.

We're only small - maybe you could give us a go? :p

yea, never really cared for t-shirt comps... I've designed a few myself though and got them printed and delivered through cafe press.

CreativeBoom said:
That's interesting to hear. I just started Boomtique because designers who follow my magazine Creative Boom asked if I would.

They wanted an ongoing design contest and another means to make some money and raise their profiles. So hopefully, Boomtique offers that.

We're only small - maybe you could give us a go? :p

depends what goes over well, I'm not multi talented you see. but I will certainly keep an eye on it.

Had a quick read through your specifications, just questions now.

Print area is pretty small by the standards of someone the printers I can recommend, who are you printing with?

Which leads me to my next question, No mention of colour limits, how many can you run to?

Which kinda leads me to ask are you screening or DTG?

Lots of questions, I hope you come back to answer them.

Back