Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Students in business??

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by lauralil, Jun 30, 2009.

1. lauralil

lauralil Member

All is going well here at the moment, this year I was awarded a business grant from my university and have just started my own business. Juggling year 2 and work was pretty tough but my grades didn't suffer at all so I'm hopeful that year 3 will be alright now.

I worked in a studio this year and I really enjoyed it but I love the freedom of working for myself, especially on gorgeous days like this. But to be honest there are weeks where I don't get to step outside at all because I'm that busy. I guess thats what has been the hardest part, the pressure when things are manic....but saying that, I don't work too well unless I'm under pressure. haha

Are there any other students in business here? Thought it would be good to have a chat with other students to see how they're doing and how you coped with uni and design work.

Laura :icon_smile:

2. sarah_a

sarah_a Member

Hey laura,

I have just finished my third year at university and I am currently doing a lot of freelance work. I would like to be involved in a studio or a small business but right now I have a lot of work on my hand. However I have a lot of trouble doing both freelance and my major project as the university expect you to do 600 hours on your major project and this leave not a lot of time for anything else. I do enjoy every minute of it tho :icon_smile: and I do love the pressure lol :icon_tongue_smilie:

I wish you all the best
    Sarah

3. lauralil

lauralil Member

yes same here!! haha

I did a 20 week project in 2 days this year, I literally spent 19 weeks throwing round crap ideas then when it came down to the last 2 days I just ploughed through the work because the pressure was on!

I'm hoping the work experience I have now will help in year 3.

Not looking forward to the final project though! eek!:icon_scared: