Stick people

Chris1977uk

Hi all my wife is wanting to make cards with stick people on them.
Both of us are rubbish on design programs and wondered if anyone on here could help.

stick people as in the circle for a head and lines for body, legs and arms.... no offence here but if you can't manage to draw them then I'm not sure we're going to be able to help you with the design programs...

Yeah them sort of ones. I only want to print say a stick family on some card then she can do her calligraphy writing above them. I can print them using Word. I just need the stick people.

just draw them.... it's like a circle with a few lines, it will add to the 'hand made' feel of the calligraphy.

hi and thanks for your reply. just one more question.
She has found some images she would prefer to use but when I try to select just one and copy it I cant. ive attached the image.
im using corel x8.
image attached

Attachments

• 7a59deca48dc95def533295c648bc599.jpg
    7a59deca48dc95def533295c648bc599.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 9
It's probably a badly produced vector if you're having trouble editing it. You might be better off
opening it in Photoshop if you have it.

That's because it's a .jpg.

That means it's just one image like a photograph and it's very low res at that.
Not really usable for anything other than the web and above that size.

You need a vector version really.

You can't really convert a raster to a vector.
Only way would be to do an image trace in Illustrator and you'd need a really high res .jpg to do that.

You really need a vector version to reproduce them.

Vectors don't lose quality when enlarged but raster (pixel) images do.
To print a raster image you need it as 300dpi at the size it would be printed.

Realistically, you need to get them re-drawn by someone.

I wasn't but I could.

Thing is, although they're simple to make, there's a lot of them and it would take time and obviously (cough) money.

Back