Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

site crit needed

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by exdisuk, Apr 18, 2010.

1. exdisuk

exdisuk New Member

2. socreative

socreative Member

sort out the padding, give your elements some space. You navigation needs to stand out more as well, use darker color or bold font or replace/add graphics

3. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

It looks pretty good overall - nice and clean. I agree about the navigation - making it all caps instead of fake drop caps would look loads better. In fact, taht goes for all your headings - use upper and lowercase or all caps. You Also Don't Need To Capitalise Every Word In A Heading. Just the first one. And yes, a slightly bolder font would work better at the smaller sizes - just go to Roman instead of Light.

I also find the change in font from the graphic headings to the text headings a little awkward - it's almost too similar. So it looks like some of your type has gone a bit wrong. Either make them all graphic (which I know isn't ideal for SEO) or use something that sits with the other font (DIN?) but isn't trying to be a bad copy of it.

I also think there's too much copy. And the line length is too long, making it really hard work to read.

4. craftygeek

craftygeek Member

I agree with most of the above.

Space it out a little more - let it breathe.

The links in the right column are hard to read....partly because of the font, partly because of the caps & partly because of the dashed line between them I think...I think the category links should be a little different to the product links as well.

5. 1stklassdesigns

1stklassdesigns New Member

very much took the words out of my mouth