Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shopping carts...

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by Katedesign, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I am thinking of building a website that will need to have a 'shopping cart' (or even a trolley!) I have heard of Zen Cart - is this any good or can anyone recommend another freebie. I am html and css literate.
  2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Zen Cart is well-written but the admin area looks like an explosion in a link factory (or it did 2 years ago). Suggest Prestashop or Magento to be honest.
  3. Katedesign

Thanks - I'll take a look at both of those. I need something easy it's for me!!
  4. linziloop

linziloop Member

We've used Cube Cart before (or should I say, my other half did) and had no complaints.
  5. gprovan

gprovan Member

What about opencart or ecwid? ecwid is quite nice and simple and has a free option. I'm useless with HTML and CSS and I managed :icon_wink:
  6. Katedesign

Thanks Linz & gprovan - I'll take a look at those also.
  7. richimgd

richimgd Member

I had a look at Magento and its an absolute beast - seems like the way to go for a fully featured solid project but was quite intimidating at least for me. I never really did anything with it, just downloaded it and setup the files locally to have a look at.

I had a look at Opencart also and it seemed pretty good after seeing a link to it on quite a nice looking online shop. I also downloaded the files and setup a test shop using the files provided and it seemed a lot quicker and easier to get going with it. Not sure where it ranks in the league of eccomerce solutions though. OpenCart - Open Source Shopping Cart Solution
  8. MelonFuel

MelonFuel New Member

9. jaydenharris98

jaydenharris98 New Member

Best Shopping carts application. you can choose any one of this.

-Zen Cart
  10. Corrosive

Errrmmm.... Haven't we already mentioned all of these cart options in this thread... Would hate for a Moderator to think you are boosting your post count just to get a signature for backlinks :icon_wink:
  11. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

haha lol corrosive. ive only ever use wp shopping cart and its worked fine for me but it can also depend on if you are selling a few things or loads of stuff if u are selling alot of stuff try magento
  12. Corrosive

Well, you gotta check that people know the rules every now and again...
  13. isoPrint

isoPrint Member

Our site is currently on a wp cart but we are moving to magneto as it best suits our needs their is lot of them out their you are best to do a lot of research on each one and find out which one best suits your ability to sort out and get ready etc.

I would say the easiest to possibly set up would be a wordpress cart or shopifly and magneto being one of the most difficult.

We are getting out magneto theme custom bulit and its costing around £2000 inc set up so its not really cheap either
  14. rehan12

rehan12 New Member

magento and open cart are best :)
  15. Cruzini

Cruzini Member

My other half is looking to add a shopping cart to her site. I did have an url for a comparison site but can't seem to relocate it. If anyones knows one let us know.
    I did come across a shortlist on a payment solutions site. (i'm not promoting them as we have yet to get a shopping cart)
    {{}} (if this link in wrong place) delete it or place it somewhere useful.
    Corrosive likes this.