Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting "Shatter" effect to come in after a few seconds rather than immediately

Discussion in 'Animation, Motion Design & Film Making' started by Rippa, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Rippa

Rippa Junior Member

Hello all, I'm trying to create a short title sequence in After Effects. I want the text to enter from the bottom, then stay in the middle of the screen for a couple of seconds before shattering, making way for the new piece of text to come in.

Currently I can only apply the shatter effect to the selected layer so that it functions immediately, but my plan in this case is to wait a couple of seconds before the shatter effect kicks in. How do I achieve this? I can't find any parameters to set the time of the effect to come in...

2. 23i

23i New Member

Off the top of my head -- Set the radius in force 1 (and force 2 if you're using multiple forces) to 0. Keyframe this parameter to a positive value when you want to achieve the shatter.

More details:

After Effects CS3

3. Rippa

Rippa Junior Member

Hey, thanks for the help! You were right, I just needed to use Hold keyframes with the radius property to bring in the values when I desired.

Much appreciated!