Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting "Shatter" effect to come in after a few seconds rather than immediately

Discussion in 'Animation, Motion Design & Film Making' started by Rippa, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Rippa

Rippa Junior Member

Hello all, I'm trying to create a short title sequence in After Effects. I want the text to enter from the bottom, then stay in the middle of the screen for a couple of seconds before shattering, making way for the new piece of text to come in.

Currently I can only apply the shatter effect to the selected layer so that it functions immediately, but my plan in this case is to wait a couple of seconds before the shatter effect kicks in. How do I achieve this? I can't find any parameters to set the time of the effect to come in...

Thanks!

2. 23i

23i New Member

Hi.

Off the top of my head -- Set the radius in force 1 (and force 2 if you're using multiple forces) to 0. Keyframe this parameter to a positive value when you want to achieve the shatter.

More details:

After Effects CS3

Best,

g

3. Rippa

Rippa Junior Member

Hey, thanks for the help! You were right, I just needed to use Hold keyframes with the radius property to bring in the values when I desired.

Much appreciated!