• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Selling Photos on Stock Photo Sites

Do any of you guys know of any good sites to sell stock photography? I know that DreamsTime and iStockPhoto allow it but are there any others? I have a bunch of photos I've taken over the last few years and I want to start selling them to get some extra cash...if any at all. I got one for sale on dreamstime.com but there aren't as many hits on that site as I was hoping for.

Ya Greg I have that FreelanceSwitch article bookmarked...that is how I got motivated to want to do it :)

I am going to try istock next...I did dreamstime first because it wasn't as much hassle to submit one...istock requires all kinds of stuff to go through to submit photos.

@aarlev, that's a great link...good collection...thanks

Tim, when I clicked that first Aarlev sent me I noticed it said Part 1 and I was like woah...because Part I was a great bit of information...part 2 is just as good, awesome tips in there.

I'd suggest looking elsewhere than the 'microstock' sites for selling photos folks.

Basically it devalues everyones work to one dollar - that's about 50 pence - and opens up many other problems for end-use (eg questionable licencing, competitors using the same / similar images etc)

I'd recommend Alamy http://www.alamy.com if you are serious about creating another income stream from photography.

Anyways, loads more about microstock here;

Why Microstock is Bad for Any Photographer | PHOTO PRO TIPS

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Click | New threat to stock photo sales

Photographers Direct - microstock / micropayment stock photography sites