Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking sign design advice

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by nickoedwards, Dec 10, 2010.

1. nickoedwards

nickoedwards New Member

Firstly, before I start I don't claim to be a graphic designer, more someone who has an eye for digital graphics through being heavily involved with web design agencies. My position is such now that I'm in a small family business leading up flyers and graphic design for promotions.

We have a purchased a 6'x4' lightbox for use on the wall outside our shop and I'm looking to design the print that will be placed inside the box. Having not done it before I was looking for some advice.

Our logo is red on white I was looking to switch it white on red so to minimise the white background of the lightbox - do you think there would be any advantages in doing this?
  2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I'd personally leave it as it is for 2 reasons:

1. It's your logo, switching colours around may ruin the uniform look and feel of the company.

2. In my experience red works better on a white background than the other way round as red is a very overpowering colour.
  3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

If you post an image of the logo, that might help to see whether the more red approach would work I think.