Seeking feedback

floom

Hello, I'm just seeking feedback for an assignment for Open Colleges.
The assignment is to create a 3D based artwork (signage) and a 2D artwork (poster) for a graphic design studio that is focused on the reception area.
For the assignment I chose to do the businesses logo mounted on the wall that is illuminated and a poster that reflects the businesses simplicity.
Although I'm still learning 3D tools I'm surprised how well it turned out only using Gaussian blur for my 3D signage!

thanks!

mockup.png

Hi there, I like the colour palette as it's bright but slightly muted and has a friendly feel. The word 'simple' being in capitals makes me think of the marketing phrase 'Keep it SIMPLE, stupid' and perhaps having the word simple in a lower case as well would take away the emphasis on that word and make it less of an imperative sentence?

I think the logo on the poster should be bigger as I had to search to find it. I also think your design could benefit from using the golden ratio tool, there's a great link here I was reading yesterday. http://www.companyfolders.com/blog/golden-ratio-design-examples

I'll be posting my logo design work shortly so I'd be grateful if you could comment on mine as well!

Good luck
M

Looks ok, but those circles are too low down, they would be getting knocked off every day!

Is Simple the name of the company? Not sure if the poster does what it says, with all the shapes everywhere?

Back