• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Screen printing help please - curing ink on card

Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum and hoping to start a stationery business (cards, notelets, calenders etc...) and to screen print everything and hoping that somebody could help please?

I have everything that I need except for curing equipment as I need help with that bit.

I will be printing (max. 2 colours) onto A3 sheets of card that are either 270gsm or 350gsm which will then be cut into 8 x A6 cards.

How can I fully cure the ink (waterbased) so that when I'm packing and sending a stack of A6 cards to customers, the ink wont rub onto the card that is behind it? I'd like the ink to be 100% cured so that no ink can rub off onto any other card.

I was told that my heat gun could touch dry it but that it may be too hot for card and that I may have to air dry it. If that is the case, how long would the sheets need to be air-dried for?

I've been looking at heat presses and flash dryers but not sure if they'll be too hot for card.

Thanks