Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same font appearing differently on different macs

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by tapps, Apr 2, 2009.

1. tapps

tapps New Member

Hey there,

I've got 4 macs all running CS3 & am having trouble getting the 'Today SB' font to appear the same on all 4.

The problem I'm getting is that on 2 of the macs when you view the font list in InDesign or Photoshop it has the Today family in the main drop down then the individual versions (light, medium, regular) as a sub menu off the main list. The other 2 macs have all the individual versions in the main list.

Doesn't sounds like a big problem but the issue is when a file is being worked on by more than one designer they get missing font messages when they open the file.

I was originally sharing the font through Suitcase Server & thought that might be causing the problem so I deleted it off the server, used Font Doctor & Onyx to clean up all cached fonts/files & deleted any other versions of that font on all macs & the server & just installed it directly onto each mac.

Still the same problem, so it can't be anything to do with the font software.

Has anyone had a similar problem or got any suggestions?