Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

review my design

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by dazw1, Feb 7, 2011.

1. dazw1

dazw1 New Member

Hi

I am in the process of developing a website, please critique it for me ukcarshop.co.uk

2. sthomas

sthomas Member

I think you need to decide which market you're trying to attract.

One one hand, the main panel of images looks like it could be from a high-end car showroom while the rest of the site looks very cheap and bargin basement.

I realise that it's still a work in progress but the fundamentals of a well-styled and easy to navigate website still need to be in place.

The other main issue is the styling of the text (or lack of). At the moment, I don't feel the site inspires confidence or would convince someone that this is the best place to buy or sell a car.

Sorry to be harsh but I feel you've got a long way to go with this particular website. I think unless your styling and functionality are absolutely 100%, then there will be lots of other websites selling cars that will do the job better.

3. linziloop

linziloop Member

Upon a VERY brief look as i should really be working :icon_blushing: I would agree with everything sthomas has said (especially about the lack of styling of the text) and also add that if i was looking to buy a car i would want the option of viewing the pictures at the highest possible size.

There are a few issues of the text going over the allocated box, and i think you need to do something much more inviting with the "latest cars added" part of the home page.

I would also want the option of searching a lot more than just manufacturer and model. Price, location, engine size, colour, doors, etc. are all going to play a part when searching for a new car. You're competing with the likes of autotrader here which is obviously going to be peoples first place to go when looking- so you need to up the bar.