Resizing

BMG

Hi I'm just new here and am self teaching myself on design and print. I have a small business and did have a designer on board who knew everything but before I take on another person I am trying to get to grips with it all myself, so apologies if I ask simple questions.
I have a sign that we are doing but the artwork that has come in needs upsizing. It's jagged when I increase the size. I've tried to look around at how I can increase this text without loosing quality. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Hi

You can only confidently upsize artwork cleanly from a vector file (eps). It will become pixilated if you are upsizing from a bitmap image (jpeg/png etc) when the artwork is prepared and exported smaller than the eventual printed size required. You need the artwork file redone to the size of the signage required, or larger and then pro it down. If the content is line work and text get the artwork exported as a vector file (fonts to curves pdf/eps) and you can pro up or down from that.

Back