Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redesigning Ad for magazine publication

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by MTR1208, Dec 22, 2015.

1. MTR1208

MTR1208 New Member

Hey Everyone, so my company has come to me to create a completely new ad for this cruise itinerary.
    Before I start to brainstorm and redesign it, I would love some feedback as to what others would do differently from a design perspective ... what would it look like and why? What types of visuals and design elements would this new ad include? Keep in mind this is a higher-end cruise line for the "Mississippi Cruise Lines" so it's not like a Carnival or Norwegian cruise line. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

First impression is that it doesn't give any real indication that it's for a cruise. It feels more like an ad for political candidate or something, and I don't get 'high-end' from it at all. I'd swap out that house picture and put a lot more focus on the cruise liner itself and how damn luxurious it is, as well as the experience of taking the cruise.

MTR1208 likes this.
  3. MTR1208

MTR1208 New Member

My thoughts exacty! Thanks!