Recommended laptops

Levi said:
why not, it's talent not the tools that get you a job :p

But how many professional studios use PaintShop Pro?

I've worked in over ten studios over the years and never
come across PaintShop(free in a cracker)Pro.

Anybody else.

It may not be in many studio's but it is a very capable alternative to photoshop, especially for hobbyists etc like I said. Not everyone needs photoshop or ALL it's tools, and most of us will agree that photoshop could do with being cheaper. You can easily switch over from paintshop pro as most of the icons etc are the same anyways.

Would you honestly suggest to someone who wants to do photoshop type tasks a few times a month to buy photoshop, I wouldn't. First I'd suggest gimp or paint.net, then it would pixelmator or paintshop pro. I've never been keen on elements versions from adobe.

I'm on a Dell Studio XPS 13 at the moment and really like it. Might've gotten a Mac but like you said- Dell has great deals. The solid state hard drive is great- quick and absolutely silent. 4GB of DDR3 RAM and I've never had any lag even with loads of stuff open. It has a second graphics card that you can switch to for graphics-intense stuff but I've never needed it for photoshopping stuff (GIMP'ing actually) so I only use it for the occasional game. Some reviews say the laptop gets hot I haven't had any problem- probably the SSD stays cooler.

Back