Re-brand a small business Assignment

Lily

Hi everyone:icon_smile:

I'm a distance learner and have assignment which I'm not sure where to find sources to help me and what exactly should I do this.:icon_blushing:

Could you please help me on this:
You are a freelance media arts professional and you are given a contract to re-brand a small business. The Director has asked you to present the new design to the board for approval using the appropriate multimedia applications. You need to present a structured report that includes the specifications of your design and a detailed plan of the project management.
Specification
The aim of this assignment is to demonstrate practical knowledge of what a multimedia design and authoring project entails. This should manifest through an iterative approach that would lead towards the development of a prototype design and presentation. You should select a case study of a small business with prior first hand experience of it as an intern, employee or customer. The effort associated with the various stages of the project should be demonstrated through the completed sections of the report. The key objectives of this coursework are:

• Identify a topic area appropriate for conducting a project, taking account of the student’s particular interests.
• Research a corresponding case study and identify a suitable problem.
• Plan the project so as to accomplish its goals within the allotted time
• Apply previously learned knowledge and techniques to solve the problem and to manage the project by building the prototype.
• Evaluate the outcome and present its findings.
• Present a satisfactory written account of the project​

Many thanks for your help.

Hello. Perhaps a good way to begin is to ask you what you do understand from this brief?
Presumably you are a 'freelance media arts professional' in training and that a brief like this isn't totally foreign to you in terms of, you're being asked to create a design for a company that you have some experience of and are being asked to show how you would research, design and present your work?
(Sorry, long sentence!)

Hello. Perhaps a good way to begin is to ask you what you do understand from this brief?
Presumably you are a 'freelance media arts professional' in training and that a brief like this isn't totally foreign to you in terms of, you're being asked to create a design for a company that you have some experience of and are being asked to show how you would research, design and present your work?
(Sorry, long sentence!)

The problem is I'm not a freelancer. This is just a brief from college. I should think I'm a "freelance media arts professional". I really like to know, when I want to think about re-branding, What sort of think should I change and from where to start. Is there any book in the market available to help. I can guess some but I'm not sure if the things I guess is the ones professional people in real world do!!

Does anyone know what is "prototype design" in this case?! I'm so confused about everything !!

You say you are not a freelancer and I gathered that this is a brief from college. You say you are a 'distance learner' but presumably you have a course leader/tutor who you could talk to? You are studying to be a designer aren't you? Is this your first brief ever?
Just a bit confused that this should all seem totally unknown to you?!

You say you are not a freelancer and I gathered that this is a brief from college. You say you are a 'distance learner' but presumably you have a course leader/tutor who you could talk to? You are studying to be a designer aren't you? Is this your first brief ever?
Just a bit confused that this should all seem totally unknown to you?!

:icon_blushing: Yes. I can ask my tutor. But it's really hard to reach them. I should send email to distance learner coordinator and she pass my email to Tutor. It's long process and it takes long time to get each answers :( I never see the tutor. It was wrong from the beginning to do distance learning but unfortunately I hadn't any other choice and there are lots of question in my mind about everything which I can't ask all the time from tutor.
Thanks for helping anyway.

I wouldn't get all so beat up about it. If you've committed money and time, stick it out. There are people, on here, friends, family etc that can help. Don't be so down on it all. I probably wouldn't have went for Distance Learning, but if you've made a substantial commitment it's worth seeing through.

If not, I'd get down to your local college and see what they have to offer you.

Back