Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quite Annoying.. Image Rollover Problem

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by JKDesigns, Feb 6, 2009.

1. JKDesigns

JKDesigns Junior Member

Recentley I have decided to change my website into PHP pages instead of HTML. I just wanted the basic header footer body kinda layout that was simpler and made much more sense to me.

However, When I tried to create rollover images on Dreamweaver for the header and footer they worked fine individually, but when previewed with the index only 3 work! I'm completely mistified by what the hell is going on..

This is the header Individually -

This is the footer individually -

But when you view the whole thing -

Untitled Document

It goes completely to pot. (BTW I only have my header and footer done, none of the CSS is complete so its all over the place atm.)

Anyone Help?!

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi James,

From a quick look I imagine it's to do with the fact you have 2x Home, 2x Portfolio and 2x Contact on the page with both header and footer, so there's probably a conflict with the ID's you're referring to with the rollovers?

On a slightly different note you would be better off having that text as HTML text and specifying the rollover colours using CSS :)

3. JKDesigns

JKDesigns Junior Member

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

The images are different but the ID's within the code are the same...
    DW had added this code....MM_swapImage('contact'
    as you have the image id="contact" on both images both header and footer, so they don't rollover as there is 2x of each image id="contact", etc. Each image ID will need to be unique, as a quick fix change the IDs for the footer images to "contact2" and that should solve it.

...and yes I think it would be better having the navigation in a div, with the background image of the rounded corner grey box, etc, and then style the text using CSS and set the rollover a:hover for the div to change the text colour :)

5. JKDesigns

JKDesigns Junior Member

OMG I'm a dumbass.. lol

Thanks alot Greg!! :)
  6. Greg

Greg Active Member

No problems James, happens to the best of us!
    All sorted now then? :)
  7. JKDesigns

JKDesigns Junior Member

yes thanks working on my PHP site now as we speak! Thanks again greg!
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool, and no worries! You'll have to post it up when it's all complete.