Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick site prototype.

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by willdawson, Jan 10, 2011.

1. willdawson

willdawson Junior Member

Hey guys,

Just did a quick Fireworks wireframe for my one-man Graphic and Web Design company. What does everyone think?

[​IMG]

Original site: http://veneergraphics.com

2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but I prefer that monochrome version of your logo to the colourful one.

3. willdawson

willdawson Junior Member

It all ties togeger so nicely in the wireframe...:p

4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I had to blink there, WireFrame used to be a username of mine long ago - your post just took me back 8 years for a moment! But yeah, it looks clean, modern, immediate.

5. willdawson

willdawson Junior Member

Hahahaha :p thanks for the feedback Jim!

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Will,

Not bad, but would look again at your logo spacing, think with a bit of maneouvre you could tie the logo spacing in with the wireframe in a neater way, had a quick play in Photoshop...

[​IMG]

The untidy red blocks are to show you how you could use single and double spacing to hopefully help it all relate to each other a little better.

Hope that helps!
    Greg

7. willdawson

willdawson Junior Member

Greg,

Playing with some spacing right now. The wireframe is based on the 960 Grid System, so I want to keep it all within the grid. Thanks for your help!

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool, it's a good starting point, let us know how you get on :)

9. willdawson

willdawson Junior Member

Okay, well, changed it up a little bit, but not a heap. Changed the spacing of the logo itself, and moved it inline with the rest of the content. Oh, and added the tagline...

[​IMG]

10. tim

tim Senior Member

i love this design, so simple but so reliable.

gotta say i did prefer just a simple logo at the top and left justified rather than central. i also feel it's a little too much spacing between the logo and h2, compared with the rest of the layout. it's a little inconsistent there for me.

11. willdawson

willdawson Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback Tim!

Played around with a few things, but it really doesn't look right with the logo and tagline all the way to the left...played around with spacing though and I definitely agree! Too much space around the tagline (not anymore) :)