• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Question for illustrators

Hey guys just looking for a bit of advice here.

As a young aspiring writer I've got a few projects I'm mulling over, one of which I really would love to do is a graphic novel which I think would be really cool. I was just wondering how one would go about finding another artist who's in a similar boat to me that i could collaborate with as I'm not really in the whole artist loop and the medium would also be a bit new to me.

Basically who could point me in the direction of some like-minded amateur creatives that might be interested in working on a project together?

Paul Murray

Staff member
Whereabouts are you based? I know a guy in Manchester who does his own novels – Lyndon White

I also met a few other artists a while back at an indy comic-con. I'll did out some books and see what I've got.

Why not try searching and connecting with graduates? There's been some incredible illustrators come out of Lincoln uni

Illustrator and Comic Book Artist Matti Beal | Design Juices
Yeah knowing some students would be handy i know this lol but i dont really hang with that crowd anymore.

Whereabouts are you based? I know a guy in Manchester who does his own novels – Lyndon White

I also met a few other artists a while back at an indy comic-con. I'll did out some books and see what I've got.
I like what that guy's doing, very underground yet still a bit out of my league as i am purely amateur to be quite honest. I would love to speak to somebody else who's looking to direct their talents somewhere like i am. I'm based in southampton btw

Wardy

I would try some unis, as mentioned, or sites like Deviantart etc.

ComputerArts used to have a forum with a lot of amateur artists, not sure where it disappeared to.