Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QR code software

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by printer people, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I'm looking to start incorporating QR codes into stickers, Business cards Etc.
    Anyone recommend a software package that can do this?
  2. daytona

daytona Member

3. Well it works - but I'm wanting to fit alot of info on the code not just the URL
  4. daytona

daytona Member

ah okay i see, well I'm afraid i don't know too much, it just showed up after a quick google search. there doesnt seem to be much dedicated software that i could find, but post if you do!
  5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

What sort of information are you wanting to include? There are online tools that allow you to create QR codes that do a variety of things such as sending a user to a link or displaying text. You can create these at a large size and Live Trace them in Illustrator to get a vector. I've done it before and the code worked perfectly.

Personally though, I don't know many people who actually bother to scan QR codes. They're becoming (or have become) a bit of a joke in advertising and design, and are seen as cheesy and unnecessary by many people. I'd consider wether or not you really want to use them since there's a large chance they'll be a waste of space in most situations.
  6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I've used the online tool and printed from the files I made without any problem. Unless you are enlarging they should be fine. Google and play!
  7. isoPrint

isoPrint Member

I have never ever scanned one of these :)
  8. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

SJCH likes this.