Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Publishing company logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by @GCarlD, Sep 3, 2016.

1. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Hi all,

In all the years I've been a member, I don't think I have ever posted up anything for crit, so here we are.

I'd like your thoughts mainly on the letter mark itself. I won't give too much of a back story so not to influence your critique, but I was inspired by the reverse pilcrow.

Anauel Publishing.png
    Thank you.
  2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Really like it, the g is slick.

Watch the top join at A and P - it's very thin, and printing litho that could break up at smaller sizes.
    @GCarlD likes this.
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Honestly the left slant of the A is throwing it off to me and I really don't like the choice of font for the 'anauel publishing' underneath it.
    Seems to have some different tones on the main logo too.
    I'm going to take a stab here and say they do maritime maps or similar because it seems like you've tried to incorporate a sail and a cartography compass.
    @GCarlD likes this.
  4. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

I'm with Levi. Not keen on the A lifting its leg and I don't think that font will work at very small sizes.
    I think the A and P are a bit fussy - couldn't the P flourish turn into the cross of the A?
    @GCarlD likes this.
  5. @GCarlD

Thanks guys
  6. @GCarlD

The g?
  7. hankscorpio

Yeh, the way it seems to curve off in "publishing"...
  8. @GCarlD

Ah I see, I thought you were mistaking the P for a G haha I was getting a bit worried
  9. hankscorpio

I like the tilted A - it's a bit of fun, it's still legible. It's nice.
    @GCarlD likes this.