• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

psdslice.co.uk - New Website Needs Suggestions

Hello website review forum.

I've recently opened up a new website which I'm currently in the process of designing. The site offerers PSD conversion to major formats such as HTML, Wordpress and Magento.

Obviously the site isn't 100% there yet but before I charge ahead with something that might turn out wrong I thought I'd ask this community for anything they see wrong with it currently and suggestions to take it forward.

I would appreciate any help with this. The site can be found at: PSD Slice - Premium PSD Services

Thanks

Its very text heavy. I would break up the content with some examples of what you can do. Its also very dark and I feel some colour to the design would help.

johnstone said:
Its very text heavy. I would break up the content with some examples of what you can do. Its also very dark and I feel some colour to the design would help.
Definitely, I know what you mean, yet I have to get enough information across to get people interested. I was thinking about adding images but I'm going to have to play around with the layout to make everything fit. I did consider making the content area white but it didn't feel right after trying it out.

I'm thinking an orange or a red would work well with this design. I know blue would definitely work but I currently use that colour combination for my portfolio and don't want to seem too repetitive.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into these things.

GilmoreVisuals said:
Yeah, needs a portfolio.
Thanks for the idea. I did think about this but as it's a new site we haven't actually got any jobs in yet. I do have experience with conversion and I am part of the team so I could use some samples from my own portfolio to show what people will be getting.

mrp2049

Without working examples there is no reason for someone to use the service. I can say I am a graphic and web designer, but its things like this:

http://twaumusic.co.uk/

that convince people that I am!

If you are struggling to get people to sign up, make some examples yourself.

wwl777

Maybe remove the browers' image in the header. It's already there in the bottom. My first impression your site was all about browsers.