• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PSD file... should I keep, hold or give it away?

hello,

I've designed a poster for an event and supplied it as a print ready pdf. Now the client is requesting the PSD file, which will mean that they can change text details and use it again. Should I let them have it? Does anyone have any idea of the protocol?

Many, many thanks

If you didn't have an agreement or contract in place with the client before you started the work stating there'd be a release fee for artwork files, then I'd hand them over.

If you don't hand over the PSD, then there's a good chance the client will never work with you again.

As a rule for future jobs, make sure you send any of your clients your terms & conditions stating you don't release artwork files (or if you do, then there's a charge)

Thank you

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll definitely be acting on your recommendations.
Many thanks again.:icon_smile:

Or you could add your business details by your copyright info and kill two birds with one stone :D, making your customer happy but also raising awareness of your talents/ business