Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS coffee-stain tutorials?

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by thomashodgson, Nov 14, 2008.

1. thomashodgson

thomashodgson Senior Member

Anyone know of any decent PS tutorials to create a coffe-cup-stain effect?

2. matt

matt Member

Make it for real and scan it. It'll take a fraction of the time and you get a cup of coffee out of it.

3. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

haha! Best solution ever.

Its not really that hard to do. Do a search on Google for 'cup stain vectors' paste them into your document and give them a light brown colour overlay.

Tweek the transparency and give it a darker outline. Sorted.

4. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

Making your own is always the way forward for many a reason other than getting a cuppa yourself ;)

They will always be unique, its quicker, more fun, and gets you away from the screen....wait a minute - is that last one a good thing?

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Tom,

As the other guys have suggested making your own is always good as you'll know it's unique! and really is pretty simple assuming you have a scanner. I did the exact same thing for a stationery design I did on a project back at Uni, I was working on the branding for a fictional fairtrade coffee company and added the coffee stains to the business cards and letterhead!

If you get really stuck let me know and I'll see if I can dig out my scans for that.
    Greg

6. matt

matt Member

Good point Greg, I've still got a couple somewhere too so I'm happy to send them if you aint got a scanner (you could give Greg and me feedback out of ten to see who's the undisputed king of coffee stain making).

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ooo so it's a coffee stain - stain off! :D
    Gentlemen get your coffee cups ready!!

Let us know how you get on Tom.