Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project management software?

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by spottypenguin, Oct 26, 2011.

1. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Hey everyone

Sooo I started working for a company this week who are about as organized as a pee up in a brewery :icon_smile:

Does anyone know of any low cost (even free!) software. All I want to be able to do is assign a job number against a task, a description, due date and who is working on it and some ability to update progress.

Any suggestions appreciated - not suggestions that I should make it up in i-numbers/ excel; they don't pay me enough lol.

2. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

You could take a look at Zoho CRM - it might be too sophisticated for your needs at this company but it is free for up to 3 or 5 users.

Or you could get them to buy you a book and write it in there!
  3. djb

djb Member

Not such a bad idea. Best system I have ever used were t-cards in a metal rack. Job comes in, gets a t-card, t-card goes in the section on the rack for the appropriate day of the week with what's needed doing written on it and away you go!

Alternatively, I use a programme called Evernote, I used to just use Stickies. Every job gets a note with what's needed doing on it. I have a note with all the days of the week on... you get the picture!
  4. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Thanks for the replies. i gave in and made a functionning spreadsheet with drop downs to add designer, status etc. Do they use it? No. Do they have a job that is now SIXTEEN months late and still stringing teh client along? Yes. :icon_rolleyes:
  5. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Sixteen months? That's a job the client doesn't really want.
  6. squeezee

squeezee Member