Problem with Footer links

C

chrismitchell

at the site below and check any code errors on the footer part of the site as for some reason none of the links are working in the footer.

Emas Medical Ltd | Developing Medicines

thanks in advance.. I'm sure its something really simple, but i'm just not seeing it for some reason or another.. probably just from being tired!

#bottommenu li{
display:inline-block;
text-decoration:none;
margin-left:-20px;
margin-right:50px;
padding-top:5px;
margin-top:-30px;
padding-bottom:10px;
padding-right:50px;
line-height:33px;
*z-index:1;
}

quite possibly.. I can't remember why I put that in there :lol:

I'll have a looksee tonight and see if it fixes the deal :)

Thanks for having a look :)

Just checked that and it hasnt changed anything.. just seems odd that none of the links in the box with the twitter icon work :confused: but the links below it work (The one with the copyright etc). Very strange if you ask me :(

chris, either remove

position:relative from your. .container

or add position relative to your footer.

#footer {
blah
blah
position:relative; }

either way should be problem solved.

I think there's bigger problems as your container seems to be overlapping your footer? which was why the links weren't working as it had a div over the top of it. - check with firebug

As a quick fix #footer {z-index:100; position:relative;} works (an element must have position:relative/absolute for z-index to work - the default is static which ignores it)

EDIT: looks like your a quicker type then me Geoff!

:) really should use firebug etc.
The code does appear to be convoluted and a really round about way of doing things

I did all this very VERY late last night so I didn't think of using Firebug.. and I know I should :lol:

I hang my head in shame :( :lol:

Another thing someone just noticed too .. was that my h tags for the footer aren't working in IE .. :p YAY :p :lol: they aren't coming through large and black.. they are coming through as normal hyperlinks :p

btw, Chris, really like the nw look widdler's wee webpage, was reading through you old site late the other night, had to go and make a midnight snack b'cuz of it :) so, keep up the good work.

To be honest, I think that page needs a complete recode… just looking at it with Firebug it looks like you've forced one thing one way, pulled another back, and hauled the last thing over the top of it all :(

nice one Geoff :) glad that you like the WiddlersWee :) i'm in the process of uploading another 30 odd recipes. Just not happy with the process on some of them just yet (including a Panchetta and Herb encrusted Leg of Lamb :) and a chocolate and pear upside down cake with chili :D)

thanks for looking Harry.. I thought that i had done a bit of a balls up on it to be honest.. It was done very late last night and I was very tired from working on the allotment all weekend (hauling loads of manure mainly). So I should've probably waited LOL :lol:

@ Panchetta and Herb encrusted Leg of Lamb & hocolate and pear upside down cake with chili
........ they sound good! i need to eat!

Back