• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Printers

T

Tony Hardy

I'm looking for a printer fairly sharpish. Want something cheap and good really. Just need to be bashing out letters and quotes now and again. Doesn't need to be anything fancy.

I work on Mac and a lot of printers don't seem to mention Mac compatibility in their spec.

Who can recommend me anything? Also, it'd be handy if it was wireless!

Levi

Staff member
HP or canon in my opinion, I know you can get some of those wireless under £100 but may only use 2 carts (1 colours, 1 black). Most canons have a mac driver so to speak but I'm not sure about hp.

Levi

Staff member
colour cartridge has 3 colours in it so when one runs out you need to replace all three colours, it's just less 'green'

T

Tony Hardy

Reckon they'll work with just a black cartridge in? Don't plan on doing much colour printing.

Levi

Staff member
probably but you may need to set it to 'black and white' as my canon uses a small amount of colour ink even if printing text....

Always used Epson printers and they work fine with Macs. You cash also get some very very cheap compatible inks.

We have a wp4535 in the office and it's fine for what it does.

Is only A4 and it's not broaderless, automatic duplex is quite handy.

You can pick it up for about £190. A full set of 4 xxl inks is £28ish.

I use a Canon Pixma - cheap ink, good quality print. However, for some reason every printer I buy eventually starts pulling the paper through at a slant, very frustrating.

I use a Kodak Hero for my A4 printing. The quality is really good, and so far its taken 250 gsm card no problem. However it only uses 2 cartridges. It works fine with my mac with wireless, and its actually quite reasonable on ink. I print a lot of things on draft mode, but whenever i've needed something around A4 of good quality its high quality print mode is awesome.
It also costs about £18 to completely refill.

S

Squiddy

If this is going to be for long term use Tony, why don't you consider buying a laser printer? They are much cheaper per print, especially for black and white.

T

Tony Hardy

It's probably only going to be printing the odd form or letter. Got myself a nice wireless Canon job. Can't complain at all.