Printer on a boat.

rustydiver

Im thinking of selling up in the uk and having a widebeam boat made. Is there any reason why a HP T930 can’t be used on a boat. It only gets used for printing line drawings.
Obviously the weight and power consumption comes into play.

As long as you have enough power and room for it I don't see any issues.
Thanks I’ve just spoken to the company where I bought the printer from and they said the same. In fact they have sold a few that is in boats going around the Antarctic.
Just got to work out the space I need.
Power should be ok as I always run it from a UPS and get 30 mins backup power supply from it.

Im thinking of selling up in the uk and having a widebeam boat made. Is there any reason why a HP T930 can’t be used on a boat. It only gets used for printing line drawings.
You will need a pure sine wave inverter to run a printer. I run a printing business from my narrowboat during the summer months, my printers include laser colour printers inkjet, plus other machinery and i've never had any problems in 20yrs of having our boat.

You will need a pure sine wave inverter to run a printer. I run a printing business from my narrowboat during the summer months, my printers include laser colour printers inkjet, plus other machinery and i've never had any problems in 20yrs of having our boat.
Thanks for that info.
Just need to work out how big of a room I need on the boat to get the printer and folding machine on.
Definitely won’t fit on my narrowboat .
In the early stages of looking to get a new widebeam made.

Back