Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poster/Essay handing in on Tuesday - HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by marciecbr, Nov 30, 2012.

1. marciecbr

marciecbr Member

Hi there, Ive got this poster im handing in next tuesday for my degree.

[​IMG]

Any hints or tips on how i could better it. Specifically relating to the the Title's Futuriste and Futurism. Hopefully the layout and graphics are not too bad.

Thanks!!

Ps. It does have to have the 1500 word essay... So not much of a poster in the traditional manner. I dont make the briefs....

2. marciecbr

marciecbr Member

Has anyone got anything to say posative or otherwise about this? Ive got tonight to sort this out. Thanks.

3. marciecbr

marciecbr Member

Better or worse? typo4.jpg typo11.jpg

Attached Files:

4. marciecbr

marciecbr Member

Today is my last day to finilise the poster and sketchbook, hopefully somebody has a comment? Thanks

5. andybdesign

andybdesign Active Member

I think the last few designs you posted are working better.

With the first design, using the light ray as the "I" in Futurism was too subtle in my opinion.

I can see you are trying to decide on the typeface for your headline. I'm not sure if you are covering any particular periods of time in your essay. It may be worth looking at what typefaces were being used at that time and then use them in your poster.

Ultimately, it's a tough brief. Creating a poster that includes 1500 words is difficult. It's also hard to know how it will be marked. A booklet or leaflet with 1500 words has very different goals to a large poster. This also makes it difficult to give helpful feedback. Hopefully though this helps a little.

6. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Agree with the above and who taught you to design posters / other layout work in Photoshop? You really need to get into the habot of using Indesign for that type of work