Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portfolio template creation

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Grant Smith, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Grant Smith

Grant Smith New Member

Hi,

I know what I after, I am just unsure how to go about producing in a manor that allows quick implementation in future. So here goes…

I have a lot of indesign / pdfs of documents I have designed. I do not have photographs of the finished print documents due to many reasons that are not really important right now.

So I wish to produce a template that I can import a flat image into with the end results looking like photographed documents. Attached are two photos I have taken and demonstrate the effect I wish to achieve.

cover-900x515.jpg
    spread_21.jpg

I can then upload these to my online portfolio.

Has anyone come across a tutorial of something similar, or just have a really good idea on how I could achieve this? Ideally I would obviously like to have the pages and shadows all laid out, and then import the flat images, but the final images retain the nice curves and shadows.

Thanks in advance

2. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Check out Graphic Burger. They've got lots of mockup templates to go at which are usually as simple as editing a smart layer.

3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

PSDCovers have some. They require you to run an action so it's not as simple as just updated a smart object, but might be useful in some way.

4. The Northerner

The Northerner New Member

Graphic burger should pretty much cover it off. These guys are pretty similar but might have a few different samples.

Premium & Free Design and Web Resources | Pixeden

Otherwise google PSD mock ups! some come free others are pretty cheap but should pretty much give you what you need.

5. PriyeshDesign

PriyeshDesign Member