Please evaluate my idea for a bike GPS

Right ive taken some ideas into account and though about changing the product brief this is my proposed new one:
A device that can be used for travelers and sportsmen for walking,road cycling/mountain biking
Features include 2 differant modes which are walking and cycling
In walking mode the device acts as a handheld map showing important locations such as resteraurants,hotels and shops and also has gps that can be switched on or off to show you where you are, With voice and vibration alerts to keep you on track. It will also show the distance to your destinatio and predicted duration of your journey
In cycling mode it can also act as a map for getting around town but this time showing speed,traffic updates, route planner, altimeter, heart rate etc these features are customiseable so you can just show specific things neccessary to your journey/environment.
The device can be handheld or mounted on your handle bars or wrist.
The maps are preloaded and it has 3G and wifi for taking advantage of companies wifi hotspots such as BT these are just for downloading maps, traffic updates and for gps use and can be turned off when not in use.

Any improvements to this brief because i think i covered most of the problems :D

kiwiman said:
In cycling mode it can also act as a map for getting around town but this time showing speed,traffic updates, route planner, altimeter, heart rate etc these features are customisable...

To be honest the reason I ride round town is to avoid traffic, I can usually beat any motorised vehicle from one side of the city to the other!

As a transport aide it's interesting but still not convinced of the size of the market. Maybe you could still focus on the MTB aspect, but tailor it for real-life use?

The reason for the walking mode is so it open to a wider market and the traffic updates are to help you avoid traffic

As for the mountain bike bit it can still be used for mountain biking as you can customise the features and only display the things you need and im going to design it for mountain biking so its robust and perhaps a removable rubber shell/edge to make it easier to use for walking and road cycling

Back