• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Please critique my site

I work for an oilfield service company up in aberdeen and created this site a few years ago.

I have just started working on a new version of the site in joomla but thought it would be interesting to get a critique of the old site before I take it down.

I was quite proud of it at the time but I feel it's time for a change. I also did all the 3d renders, animations and tech docs , bit of a jack of all trades, and master of none but I'm getting there.

Omega Completion Technology : Downhole Tools, Well Completion and Intervention Equipment

Hi Robroy, good to have you here!

I clicked on your link and curious whether I'm looking at the old site or the new site?
The website looks well-built, if I'm honest. However I think the navigation could be made bolder with a blue background, something that looks 'heavy duty'. Also perhaps having "Innovative Downhole Tools For The Oil & Gas Industry... Design, Manufacture, Sale, Rental & Service Of Mechanical & Electronic Wellbore Tools" as the heading text within the rolling slideshow, rather than neatly tucked in the top corner. Could you introduce a footer with links, social icons and maybe a mailing list subscription?

Hi Robroy, good to have you here!

I clicked on your link and curious whether I'm looking at the old site or the new site?
The website looks well-built, if I'm honest. However I think the navigation could be made bolder with a blue background, something that looks 'heavy duty'. Also perhaps having "Innovative Downhole Tools For The Oil & Gas Industry... Design, Manufacture, Sale, Rental & Service Of Mechanical & Electronic Wellbore Tools" as the heading text within the rolling slideshow, rather than neatly tucked in the top corner. Could you introduce a footer with links, social icons and maybe a mailing list subscription?
Hi there.......this is the old (Current Site), thanks for your ideas and input.

I`ll hopefully get some of your ideas including the mailing list subscription done in the Joomla version.

Regards James

In my opinion, i'd collapse the sub menus as it makes it look kinda daunting.
The logo is blur.
I'm not a fan of how much blue is used.
There are some spacing issues between the sections.
All little teaks really but the site structure apart from that looks good. Just a good old update I guess? Looking forward to seeing how you get on so keep us updated.