Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Critique My Logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Somethingoriginal, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Somethingoriginal

Somethingoriginal New Member

Hi, looking for critique of online gift shop logo:

LOGO.jpg

I appreciate any feedback!

Thanks

2. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Any chance of a hi-res version? It's hard to tell what's going on in there. It looks quite promising though.

3. Somethingoriginal

Hi, thanks, here is a bigger version, but still in draft in photoshop at the moment.
    logo2.jpg

Should also make clear, the name is 'Gifts for under $10' so was also looking for feedback as to whether the name is clear enough in the logo
    Cheers

Attached Files:

4. AlexanderPower

AlexanderPower New Member

Looks good! Like how you've made the numbers appear like an image.

5. Tony Hardy

I really love the concept of having the numbers form the gift. That works really well. I think maybe the execution could be a little tighter perhaps.

The name does come across in the logo without any issues, however, I feel it looks a little more like a banner advert you might see on a website rather than a logo. That being said, if it's prominent at the top of the page, it'll look like a logo. I guess that's just context.

6. AlexanderPower

AlexanderPower New Member

I agree with Tony on that one. You could possibly keep that but make a logo using the same font and a similar colour so that they go well together.

7. Somethingoriginal

Thanks for the positive comments and constructive criticism
    Did you mean regarding the 10/gift image part or more the overall design?
    That has definitely been the biggest challenge with the logo due to the length and 'sentence like' nature of the business name. It looks better in situ but I will have a think on a reduced version.

8. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Could you maybe play with "for under" below GIFTS (to the same width) and then increase the $10 Box thingy to the height of those combined?

Tony Hardy likes this.
  9. Tony Hardy

There's a possible solution that will definitely help with the footprint of the logo.

10. gprovan

gprovan Member

The 'for under' could possible benefit from being heavier, as it seems lighter and contrasting than the rest of the image.
    Like the gift graphic mind you. :thumb:

11. Somethingoriginal

Thanks for the suggestions :thumb:

LOGO.jpg

12. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

I'd maybe increase the gap between the text and the "gift $10" slightly but to me that looks more of a logo rather than a banner ad :icon_smile:

13. Tony Hardy

I wonder if there's a way to use the dollar symbol as the bow of the present?