Please critique corporate website design, I need opinions in which direction to develop it

Alex_Yuruts

Hello,

I’m involved in development and support of a corporate website for company where I’m working https://intetics.com . Recently we slightly redesigned the site, trying to modernize its layout and content concept. However, disputes unfolded inside the company that we need to seriously redesign website. For example, went from content rich long pages with variety of functional and graphics to plainer and simpler look.

Accordingly, I would like to ask the members of the community to criticize the existing design of the site. Does it look up-to-date and convenient to use enough?

Is it worth it to redesign from scratch (which is naturally will demand time and money), or we still can continue to develop evolutionary the existing one? If so maybe there are some moments that offend eye or are out of line on your opinion?

Thanks in advance for any critique.

Sorry, forgot to mention: blue banner at the top of homepage is temporary for short campaign and usually page is without it as you can see on other website pages

first impressions... there's too much 'loading' when I change pages considering the design.

first impressions... there's too much 'loading' when I change pages considering the design.
Google Page Speed Insights and Pingdom shows that website load speed is satisfying.

I'm thinking about removing rotating preloader. It makes confusing impression about website speed as I see.

Thanks!

So what is it you do?

According to the homepage it looks like you are a recruitment company (because you build teams that then create my software).

Everything after that is irrelevant chuff. Instantly forgettable and leading nowhere: 'Delivering you the software compliant with the expected result is the major objective of our approach.' I have no idea at all what that means.

Focus on the content, strip out all the animations and make sure each page has a clear purpose.

Look at this: https://intetics.com/technical-debt-reduction-platform

No calls to action and no useful information about what the product does.

So what is it you do?

According to the homepage it looks like you are a recruitment company (because you build teams that then create my software).

Everything after that is irrelevant chuff. Instantly forgettable and leading nowhere: 'Delivering you the software compliant with the expected result is the major objective of our approach.' I have no idea at all what that means.

Focus on the content, strip out all the animations and make sure each page has a clear purpose.

Look at this: https://intetics.com/technical-debt-reduction-platform

No calls to action and no useful information about what the product does.

Well. now I see that this forum is really friendly! But such critics is that I needed. Thanks a lot.

Actually our company's main service is custom software development via building dedicated software development teams on our side. But as I see motto on first screen can confuse the user.

I agree that we should bring to pages clearer messages. But company is selling B2B services not packaged products and main idea of long pages with graphics and schemes is to capture and keep attention telling about advantages and benefits from partnership. We have not significant flow of customers and traditional conversion rates but we need to interest those several visitors who really have an intention to implement their projects and are looking for a team of developers.

If it's B2B then potential clients already know what they want so every page on the should be highly focused. People in business don't need all the imagery and animations, they just want the facts.

Keep it simple: this is what we do > here are the details > here are some examples > this is how to contact us.

Everything else is superfluous.

PS: apologies if I sound all grumpy. That's just me. I'm quite a nice bloke really.

Anyhow...

Here's another thought. Why do you have links to your SM sites? Surely if you are B2B you want to keep prospective clients on the site not send them off elsewhere.

You also have slider showing (I assume) past clients. But there a no links to case studies to tell me what you actually did. If done right, these are SEO gold.

I agree that we should bring to pages clearer messages. But company is selling B2B services not packaged products and main idea of long pages with graphics and schemes is to capture and keep attention telling about advantages and benefits from partnership.

Bare in mind that a lot of times the person who's in charge of picking a supplier for a service, isn't always the person who looks at your website first (or at all). The job of shortlisting candidates is often given to someone junior with a list of things to look for. That's why you should strip out anything irrelevant and focus on the important stuff, because users skim text for the information they need. If it's buried in a wall of text and flashy animations, it makes it easy to miss or just ignore. There's whole libraries worth of relevant data relating to user interactions with websites and apps that is often ignored. You'd be surprised at the number of things that are generally a waste of time on a site (content sliders for example – popular but often implemented incorrectly and ignored by end users).

After the first hero section, I'd be inclined to add a section that just clearly explains, possibly through an infographic, what it is that you do, then lead into prime examples of work. Finding the work you've done is a lot harder than it should be as the 'portfolio' page is actually just a page of categories that I then have to click through again.

Back