Photoshop to illustrator converting tone to vector?

YellowPeril

I've created a logo in Photoshop and would like to know if it's possible and how one can, take it into Illustrator and turn everything (including the tonal images) into vector.

image trace with tweaked options may give you a rough guide to work with, failing that you will need to recreate in illustrator.

image trace with tweaked options may give you a rough guide to work with, failing that you will need to recreate in illustrator.

I've imported the layers from Photoshop and have been able to create the lozenge shape I have by tweaking an ellipse placed over the original. In Photoshop the lozenge has an embossed effect on it, can I replicate that effect in Illustrator using the same technical settings (depth, angles etc,)?

Also having not used (an old version) Illustrator much, in CS5 can you still change text to line, or is it called something different now?

Having been told that by creating the image in Illustrator, even the tonal areas are seen as Vector graphics, is this so and if so how is that acheived? - not being very technically minded, I just can't get my head around that.

Attachments

• Norwich PA Network4.jpg
    Norwich PA Network4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 6
If you have the shapes as vector shapes, vector masks, and type layers you should be able to export the Paths via the File menu in Photoshop.

Other than that - you will need to recreate it in Illustrator.

Word of advice, Photoshop is for editing photos, not making logos.

You will save yourself a lot of bother starting in Illustrator.

Hope that helps.

Back