Personal Logo Crit

DarrenH

2j4zf5t.jpg

Looking for another opinion with a logo I am trying to develop for myself.

I'm not in love with any of them :/ but would like to see what other people think.
I also think I have an awkward name, hmmm.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
In many ways I quite like the last one - it's simple but does what it needs to. It doesn't need any explaining, it's legible, the font looks smooth and modern and it just fits nicely I think.

A lot of the others I think are trying to be a bit too clever and the last one just catches my eye.

I really like the Hand drawn looking one with the H inside the D. As it's a personal logo, it should reflect your personality!

Needs some playing about with, but for me it immediately stood out!

Thanks for the feedback, was just checking your logo out Kyle hah, I like.

I see what you mean too, it needs to be cleaner but not lose its personal touch.

I think it has a lot of potential, I think you should keep the curves where they need to be.
Along the straight edges they should be more hard edged if you get what I mean!

It does have a very illustrative appearance as it is now, could suit a comic book!
But it could be so much more!
Did you scan this in, then live trace it? If so avoid that live trace part for logos i'd say
Try using the pen tool for more accurate curves and you will see better results!

Or use a combination of outlined text, and the pathfinder tool, could work a treat for you!

Keep working on that one definately, then comes the hard part!
Typeface selection!

Good luck mate!

In many ways I quite like the last one - it's simple but does what it needs to. It doesn't need any explaining, it's legible, the font looks smooth and modern and it just fits nicely I think.

A lot of the others I think are trying to be a bit too clever and the last one just catches my eye.

I agree. I prefer this out of all of them but that doesn't mean that one or two of the others don't catch the eye.

Really like both of them that you've developed further.
You have to decide what you want your logo to say about you.
To me, the first looks like you're an illustrator? Would that be a fair assumption?
The second looks like a straight up and down Graphic Designer with a creative kind of contemporary twist.

Really like both of them that you've developed further.
You have to decide what you want your logo to say about you.
To me, the first looks like you're an illustrator? Would that be a fair assumption?
The second looks like a straight up and down Graphic Designer with a creative kind of contemporary twist.

Thanks dude. I decided a couple days ago I am going with the second one (my full name) and the fact that you read it as you did. Spot on.

Your work is awesome by the way. Student?

Hey Darren.

Thanks for the kind comments about my work.
Yeah, I'm a 3rd year student at Leeds Met, graduating in July then out into the big wide world.
I do a lot of vector and animation type stuff.
Busy trying to build my own website at the minute, total nightmare.

Glad I read your logo right. I like it a lot. Good job.

It doesn't seem like much development since you last saw it but thats because I designed a few more logos which i really liked but was maybe a bit difficult to tell what it said. (negative space logo) so I resorted back to my "old" logo and made it into more of an icon/image rather than just text.

he thing I like most about my logo is that is it just the black outline, so when it is placed over different textures/colours/images they show through but my logo will still be very visible with the solid black outlines seen below.

rkdch5.jpg

Nice concept, I might have dropped the 'darren', healey is snappier?

I know a guy with Healey as his surname, he just gets called Healey, he's a scouser. So all i hear when I read Healey is scousers shouting "Heeeeealey". Please don't get rid of the Darren. I know a Darren from down south. It helps balance all this accents I have associated with the names out for me :icon_tongue_smilie:

Personally, I liked the hand drawn option with the h inside the D too, but i also liked the police badge kinda one, like a superhero! Attaching letters together to me seems a bit overdone, but that might be cos I've literally just been looking at a mates website who has done exactly the same thing with his name for his logo :icon_confused:

Haha Healey is from my dads side of the family...who are all scouse! (and currently still all living there) strange.

Well on my university course i'm the only guy to do this as far as i know. EVERYONE else have done their name inside a circle with some popular over used fonts most probably from dafont.com. and if not then they have go into indesign and put there initials together so they look like 1 solid slightly confusing logo.
For me these 2 methods seem to be the most overdone thing around.

Thanks for the feedback thought!

Back