Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal Branding Critique

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by benkemp66, Sep 9, 2014.

1. benkemp66

benkemp66 New Member

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post a quick image of my new logo mock up.

http://i.imgur.com/Tlde7WO.jpg

If you want a little bit of information as to the process of coming to this logo then here goes;

Obviously I wanted a self identity simply for resumes and my online portfolio so to avoid looking like a larger company, kept with my initials B.K.
    the reason for the hexagon symbol is for quite a few reasons. Firstly, I love seeing hexagons being used in designs and I think there should be more around. again this is a personal brand and my 'lucky number' is six - a hexagon having 6 sides and being equally divisible by six (also cool for tessellation). From a symbolic point of view though a hexagon represents strength and efficiency, something we can thank bees for.

obviously a personal brand is exactly that - a personal representation, so I experimented with fonts until I found one that not only worked with the cut hexagonal shape but represented a similar mood and personality that I (hope) that I convey

Thanks for looking!

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Personally I think the hexagon shape is slightly over used nowadays, but it is a nice shape. If I had to offer some criticism, I'd suggest the initials could do with being a little bigger in comparison to the shape. There's quite a lot of white space between the text and the shape which is more noticeable at smaller sizes.