Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDF files showing grey instead of black when exported?

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by C Fresh Design, Sep 19, 2011.

1. C Fresh Design

C Fresh Design Junior Member

Hi I have created some designs on photoshop and when I have exported them as either jpegs or pdfs the background is really hazy and all colours have gone to a tint.

For example, the black now shows as grey. It is fine on screen but when flattened looks really cheap and lacking a lot of its colour..

Does anyone know why and can help resolve this issue?
  2. wac

wac Senior Member

Are you at any point changing from CMYK to RGB or vice-versa?
  3. C Fresh Design

C Fresh Design Junior Member

I'm not nope, I set the artwork up as CMYK and have been working on that. I have sent the file back and fourth to the client and this time when I tried to export it has done it....
  4. wac

wac Senior Member

I'm afraid I don't know. I had a similar problem not so long ago when Photoshop displayed project with a strange tint, when I exported the files however, they look fine. So if these are the pdf's we are talking about then I am stumped.
  5. DWildish

DWildish Member

6. Romack

Romack Senior Member

Also if your black is | C:0% | M:0% | Y:0% | K:100% you won't get a 'full' black.

Try making it Registration Black