Paper pad storage ideas - A2 and above?

nightofjoy

Hi.

I have a way out of control paper pad situation.

In the scheme of things it probably isn't too nuts, but given my space it's a bit of a bugger. They're leaning against every surface and constantly getting knocked over.

In another life, when I was at college, we made these basic folios with a hardboard A1/A0 on each side, and about a 4 cm baton on 3 edges so you could just throw your pads & documents in and out. Crude but really handy.

Does anyone know if you can buy something like that? Basically a very slim box, A2+ open on one edge?

I know you can get drawes but I don't have the cash or space... and I don't have means to make one.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you can still buy those large sturdy plastic portfolios that I had back in the day. Can't you buy one or two of those and just
cut off the handle and flaps? You can probably buy packaging boxes that kind of size, or if you're anything like me you have one or two knocking around?

Hi.

Yeah, I guess I could use one of those corrugated plastic folios and cut the handle & flap off... I just wondered if anyone had seen any reasonably priced uprigh drawer type things made of sturdier stuff.

I'm sure there are loads of things out there I could use for saving space, but when you don't know the exact term to search for, you just get internet overload. I'm also looking for some desk storage, something to stick on the side of my desk... that could store A3 Pads, probably up to A2, but I'm not seeing anything... even on Pinterest....

Thanks anyway.

When I started out..... a long long time ago, I had some work experience in an architects office. Whilst there were plan chests, which I assume would take up too much space for you I guess, I remember some kind of hanging storage solution for plans.

A quick Google search to check I'm not going mad and I came up with this

Brookside-blueprint-storage-rack--295x300.jpg

It's not exactly what I remember, but probably close enough and I'm sure if you continued to search for 'architect plans storage' you might come up with alternative designs.
So if you found something similar and instead of hanging the paper itself you hung a pocket of some description, even if it were a sheet twice the size, folded over might that help?

Back