Pantone colour books

Sally

Hello.

I'm in the process of updating three sets of guidelines, and one of the things I've been asked to look at is the Pantone colours as some of the colour books are now unavailable in Adobe. The guidelines will be used by freelancers and other agencies, most of which will probably not be paying for a Pantone subscription. We need spot colours as we produce a lot of merchandise and the suppliers usually want Pantone references.

My question is, which colour book should I be referring that will be accessible to most people going forward? I've been looking at the Pantone+ CMYK colour book. Are there any issues I should be mindful of with regards to production and colour profiles. I can't find an awful lot online about it.

Many thanks.

You use the correct Pantone colours as Coated and Uncoated as you always did.
It's a reference for the printers.

Where Pantone has stopped shipping to Adobe.
You can still import and use swatches from other files.

It shouldn't be an issue. Pantone colours can still be used and are references for printers only.

You should still include CMYK + RGB + HEX colour also.

You use the correct Pantone colours as Coated and Uncoated as you always did.
It's a reference for the printers.

Where Pantone has stopped shipping to Adobe.
You can still import and use swatches from other files.

It shouldn't be an issue. Pantone colours can still be used and are references for printers only.

You should still include CMYK + RGB + HEX colour also.
If they don't want to pay the $75 a year then that's their problem.

Yes it's annoying that Adobe got rid of the Pantone swatches in the latest update, I had the same problem recently but found that I had the 'acb' files still on my Mac from old versions of creative suite. If you want me to send them to you let me know

Yes it's annoying that Adobe got rid of the Pantone swatches in the latest update, I had the same problem recently but found that I had the 'acb' files still on my Mac from old versions of creative suite. If you want me to send them to you let me know
Adobe didn't get rid of Pantone.
It's the opposite way around, Pantone stopped supplying to Adobe.

Pantone want to go subscription model so they are pulling their support from Adobe.

Yes - there's nothing in the EULA that prevents you from copying the .acb files - from what I know.

Back